Our Capacity Development Services
Post-conflict, poor and fragile or disaster-affected countries face severe political, economic and social obstacles and often lack the institutional capacity and numbers of skilled people needed to rebuild their systems and institutions and engage local people.
Our capacity development services support by providing highly-skilled people with valuable knowledge and expertise. Working in close coordination with government counterparts we help them to rebuild the country’s systems, institutions and governance structures.
Performance and effectiveness
We improve performance and effectiveness through the provision of skills and high-value knowledge. We support long-term motivation and commitment at the individual level through to organisations and institutions.
Rebuilt systems and governance structures
We work with our clients to deliver:
- Capacity needs assessments for organisations, sectors and communities.
- Provision of skilled and knowledgeable consultants and staff.
- Programming to rebuild and reform governance systems.
- Accountability support between international organisations and local communities.
- Training programme design and implementation.
- Performance improvement and effectiveness in key institutions.
- Technical expert assistance across a wide range of thematics including good governance, private sector development, security and justice development, civil society, climate change and natural resource management, migration and displacement, health, education, media and conflict prevention.
Tailored and specific
We assess the training and capacity requirements to ensure our programmes are designed and delivered to address specific needs.
Encouraging and empowering
We invest in local capacity to increase self-sufficiency and autonomy, reduce dependency on donor-based financing, encourage transparency and accountability and create a sense of community ownership.